Monday, April 14, 2008

New Uniforms in 2008

I'm a big fan of unis/logo/etc (and yes I do frequent UniWatchBlog) so I thought I'd pass along some of the changes you'll be seeing in 2008.

First up,
there's new look on the way for the Utah Utes. They're switching from Nike to Under Armour this year:


The announcement for these came out at the end of March. Keep an eye out for an alternate black jersey as well. In keeping with the blandness of many UA uniform designs, it looks like Utah received very similar treatment to what was announced for Hawai'i a few months back:



In Big 12 news, Iowa State is moving to this new logo for the 2008 season:


Heading down to Florida we find THIS new black jersey will be worn by the Miami Hurricanes in 2008. Expect it to debut for an evening, mid-season game:



Georgia Tech has a new design coming from Russell Athletic this fall. The biggest changes are the addition of the white helmet and some new piping. I haven't found an official pic yet...only this one that was mined out of the locker room a few weeks ago:



There's a pic out there of North Carolina adding a navy alternate uniform to wear with their Carolina Blue pants. I'll see if I can find it...

That's all for now. Getting pretty geared up for the Red/Black game on Saturday. If all goes well I should be able to live blog from the press box at the Jones.

1 comment:

allCanes.com said...

http://www.allcanes.com/blog/2008/04/dont-believe-hype.html

That's just a rumor regarding Miami and the black jerseys according to the folks at Nike.