Thursday, December 27, 2007

America loves Crabs

Last night I received the latest voting results on AT&T's Player of the Year:

Michael Crabtree - 46%
Darren McFadden - 31%
Tim Tebow - 20%
Chris Long - 3%


Glad to see that people have come to their senses and realized that MC should be mentioned with the top players in the country. Stupid Heisman voters.

As far as a Virginia preview...I don't think I can do any better than what Seth at DTN is doing on a daily basis. His position breakdowns are very in depth and he's now posted a Q&A with a UVA blog. My only question...what is with the Hoos nickname for UVA???

For those who didn't care, you missed a great game between Purdue and Central Michigan last night in the Motor City Bowl. The Boilermakers had a huge lead (21 points???) in the 3rd quarter before the Chippewas (sp) came storming back to tie the game with just over a minute left. However, Purdue was able to move into FG range and make a 40 yd FG as time expired to win 48-45.

In related news, the Purdue kicker went as far as predicting Texas to win tonight's Holiday Bowl vs Arizona State.



While I'm not sure that he's dead on with his pick...Mack usually does a good job of getting his guys ready to play in bowl games (6-3 under Brown and 5-1 in their last 6 bowls) so the Horns are the logical pick here...and Vegas now has them at a 2.5 point favorite. I'm not sure where I would play this line. That being said...I would be smart and take the over on 62 points.

Texas 41
Arizona State 38

Oh well...back to trying to figure out why I'm at work this late in the year.

No comments: