Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Championship Weekend...ultra linkage edition

So I went 1 for 2 on my picks last weekend (which you never actually saw). However, if you care I can show you my Bodog record (wait...what forms of online betting are (il)legal in the US)...err I mean the bets that my fiance placed over the weekend at a legal gambling establishment. We took the Pats to cover (didn't happen)...BUT we also had the Giants with the over ($$) and better yet...she talked me into taking the Giants on the moneyline (Let the good Tynes roll)I swear that girl has ice in her veins...or beer. So all is well in my house this weekend and I can now afford her expensive habits for next weekend. Guess I'll have to bet on Tech vs A&M women's thump thump to pay for Super Bowl weekend.

All that said...I really like the Giants at +13.5 (though it's been as low as 10.5) but the line has settled (for now) at +12 according to Yahoo. I'll wait until game time to see what happens. As long as the rumors of Randy Moss not celebrating their AFC Championship don't blow up into a big non story (google Cowboys, Cabo, Mexico, Romo, Simpson for more info) and cause a distraction...I think it's safe to take the Pats to win this game. However, I really like the Giants to cover...but I'll get more into that next week.

And what the hell was Tom Brady doing taking flowers to Gisele yesterday??? In related news, why the hell does he have his leg in a boot??? Mysterious injury that could slow him down in SB XLII??? Better yet...was it psychological warfare with the evildoers from the NYC??? Just something else to keep an eye on.

Finally...here's to hoping that Brett Favre doesn't retire. I've always been a fan of him and the Packers (after all I was partly named after Packers HOF Guard Forrest Gregg) and I think it's safe to say that nobody wants to see him go out with an INT as his final pass.

Ok...that enough links for now...enjoy the photos and reading!

No comments: