Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Art Briles to be named Baylor head coach

DMN's Brian Davis is reporting that Baylor is hiring Art Briles as their football coach. The reason I bring this up is because many people have mentioned that Briles would be interested in the Texas Tech job if it was to become available. However, I don't blame him for taking the certain job here rather than waiting around on something uncertain.

I'm speculating here...but I wouldn't put it past Briles to have contacted Leach to find out where he stands on the UCLA and Arkansas job. Remember that Briles didn't make a decision after meeting with Baylor and instead returned to Houston for a day. Like I said...just speculating.

As a random side note...I mentioned to a friend that Briles is going to Baylor and that I hope Leach doesn't leave because we would've just lost our lead candidate. His response, "We'll get Norm Chow in Lubbock if Leach leaves." Nice thought...but it would never happen...

No comments: